Monday, February 13, 2006

Progress and many pictures.

All is well. No worries, the test was scheduled and went just fine. (I can still knit...all is good!)
So Saturday, feeling that I didn't get much knitting done on the opening day of the Olympics, I pretty much just sat around and knit.
I then knit on the way home from London and late last night after a birthday party. Here is where I am.



A back complete and the start of one side of the front. I am loving this knit. I feel like I am back in the knitting games...literally. It really moves quickly.
The texture is just gorgeous...



The pattern holds my interest, even though it is simple to knit. I know I have a lot done, considering this was the first couple days of the Knitting Olympics, but I have other things on the go as well.

Here is the yarn I picked up in London. I only show you because you must see the gorgeous red (that I have never seen) in DB Baby Cashmerino. It looks a little orange on the screen...but it is a deep beautiful red.



Finally, I had nothing to knit the couple days leading to the Olympics...so I decided to make the Odessa hat without beads (only because I had none) in a left over ball of Baby Cashmerino. It turned out smaller than one would made from Cashsoft, but it is perfect for a child. I did pick up some cashsoft and will get some matching beads for the next two for my god-daughters birthday gifts.



Another brilliant pattern kathy. Simple and gorgeous.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that texture - beautiful! The red DB is great! Any plans for it? I have a spare skein of cashmerino also - maybe a hat after seeing yours

Anonymous said...

Your progress is remarkable! Go, Carolyn, go! The Odessa looks great, I hope you find some little person who'll be able to wear it ;). Would you like me to include it in the gallery?

Anonymous said...

You've made amazing progress on your Olympic project -- the texture and yarn are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are certainly catching up and passing many of us, Carolyn!! Love the red! I, too, got a blue to knit Odessa! I plan to get some pearls to use with it. Glad your tests went well! Who do you suppose designed those hospital gowns?!? You need at least two on to be decent!

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well with you! The sweater is gorgeous.. I am going to keep an eye on your progress, maybe will knit this for my mom!

Knittypants said...

You are such a quick knitter! Amazing progress.
The red baby cashmerino is lovely, I am glad to hear it's not orangey but a nice deep red. I have been thinking of getting some for something someday.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are fine! Your progress is very impressive. I'm in awe.

Elemmaciltur said...

Glad you're back! The work and the yarns are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Red is my favorite colour. Love that red, my birthday is the end of May.... 1x please. Maybe for the summer Olympics?
Thanks
ck

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've done such great progress, I can't wait to see it when it's finished! And the yarn you got in London is so beautiful! Best wishes from Austria!